The Woman's Club
- Local News, 26 Feb 1916, p. 6
- Mrs. D. M. Gallie
- Media Type
- Item Types
- Brief history of the Woman's Club of Wilmette. The club's first home was over Van Deusen's store, and after that Jones' Hall and the Ouilmette Country Club. A building for the club was made possible by the gift of Mrs. W. S. Freeman on a corner of Greenleaf Avenue and Tenth Street. The mortgage was paid off last spring.
Officers this year are: Mrs. Donald MacKay Gallie, Mrs. William Wallace Kerr, Mrs. John R. Harper, Mrs. Mortimer B. Skinner, Mrs. George C. Gardner, MRs. John A. Rippel, Mrs. Paul Lobanoff.
Departments are as follows: Art and Literature led by Mrs. Louis K. Billson. Artists such as Mrs. Bertha Smith Titus, Mrs. Pauline Palmer, Miss Emma White and Miss Elizabeth Parker from New Trier High School have exhibited this year.
A current topics class is organized by Mrs. C. R. Smith. The Child and HOme Department is chaired by Mrs. George L. Martin. A course in dietetics was completed with Mrs. Mary L. Wade of the Boston Cooking School.
The Music study class is chaired by Mrs. Harry M. Snow. The Philanthropy department is directed by Mrs. T. M. Braithwaite. The Young Ladies' Auxiliary is under chairmanship of Mrs. F. [E. ?] O. Blake.
Photograph exterior of the Woman's Club
- Date of Publication
- 26 Feb 1916
- Personal Name(s)
- Gallie, Donald Mrs.
- Corporate Name(s)
- Woman's Club of Wilmette
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Wilmette Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address1242 Wilmette Avenue
U.S.A. Phone: 847-256-6930