St. Francis Xavier School: Open House and Observation Days
- Wilmette Life (Wilmette, Illinois), 1 Jan 2009, p. 12
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Full article available at Wilmette Public Library.
- St. Francis Xavier principal Dan McKenna thanks all the teachers, staff and school board members for their efforts in welcoming new students and their families to the recent Open House and Observation Days
School resumes from holiday break on Monday, Jan. 5.
The healthy Green Bag lunch menu, available Tuesdays, has been updated for winter.
HSO Co-President Monique Watts sends her thanks to all of the St. Francis women who attended the private shopping night at Ralph Lauren in Northbrook Court. The event raised about $2,000 in two hours for the school.
Families from Wilmette and the surrounding area interested in having their children participate in the St. Francis Xavier church children's choir are welcome to contact choir director Sarah Smith at the parish office.
The next all-school Mass has been planned by the faculty and will start at 9:30 a.m. Tuesday.
Moms and Tots will gather for refreshments and playtime from 9 to 11 a.m. on Friday, Jan. 9 and Friday, Jan. 23. Contact Ann Ponzi
School will be closed on Monday, Jan. 19 for Martin Luther King Day.
The school science fair, in which sixth- through eighth-graders display projects, is set for Jan. 20 and Jan. 21.
As school was canceled on Dec. 19 due to the snowstorm, the children will participate in "Follow the Star" after Mass Jan. 6, the Feast of the Epiphany.
- Date of Publication:
- 1 Jan 2009
- Corporate Name(s):
- St. Francis Xavier School
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
Illinois, United States
- Copyright Statement:
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
Wilmette Public Library
Agency street/mail address
1242 Wilmette Avenue