St. Joseph School 8th Grader wins K. of C. Essay Contest
- Wilmette Life (Wilmette, Illinois), 4 Mar 1965, p. 100
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Nancie Povlos, 8th grader at St. Joseph School in WIlmette, won first prize in the annual Knights of Columbus essay contest on the theme, "Is Patriotism Old-Fashioned?" Nancy Povlos is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. James Poulos, 1601 Ashland avenue, Wilmette. Participants mentioned include: Robert Rodenkirk, Miryam Choca of St. Francis Xavier School; Lawrence Hook, Mary Pryor, Barbara Lyons, all of SS. Faith, Hope, and Charity School; Richard Ryan of St. Joseph School; and Mary Gutekanst and Edward Culhane, both of St. Francis Xavier School.
Judges were the Rev. Richard Burnham of Loyola Academy, Sister Bernice Anne of Regina Dominican High School, and Mrs. Anthony Wirry, of Regina Dominican. Guest speaker at the awards ceremony was Ron Taillon.
- Date of Publication:
- 4 Mar 1965
- Personal Name(s):
- Choca, Miryam ; Culhane, Edward ; Gutekanst, M ary ; Hook, Lawrence ; Lyons, Barbara ; Povlos, Nancie ; Pryor, Mark ; Rodenkirk, Robert ; Ryan, Richard
- Corporate Name(s):
- St. Joseph School ; Knights of Columbus
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
Wilmette Public Library
Agency street/mail address
1242 Wilmette Avenue