Lt. David Allison memorial window will be dedicated
- Wilmette Life (Wilmette, Illinois), 16 Jan 1947, p. 1
- Media Type
- Item Types
- A memorial window honoring Lt. David R. Allison will be dedicated at the Wilmette Baptist church on January 19. The members of the congregation have contributed the funds to make this possible. While at New Trier High School, Lieutenant Allison was an honor student and a track staff. He continued this record during a year and a half at Dennison University before entering the Air Force. He trained at various fields, receiving his commission at Yale University after an intensive course in electronics. His outstanding ability caused him to be chosen for the special service in radar in which he was engaged when he was killed in the crash of a B-29 Super-fortress plane on March 7, 1946. He was 22 years of age. His widow, Mrs. Virginia S. Allison, is now on the faculty of Lake Forest College. His brother, Capt. Thomas D. Allison, completed nearly four years in the Air Force. Friends of Lt. Allison and the family were invited to be present at the memorial service.
Photo David Allison.
- Date of Publication
- 16 Jan 1947
- Personal Name(s)
- Allison, David R. ; Allison, Thomas Deacon ; Allison, Virginia
- Corporate Name(s)
- Wilmette Baptist Church
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Illinois, United States
Latitude: 42.0806674108697 Longitude: -87.7040967234039
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to United States law. No restrictions on use.
- Wilmette Public LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:1242 Wilmette Avenue
U.S.A. Phone: 847-256-6930
- Full Text